The charisma of Whisky, comes in part thanks to its intellectual, traditional properties. The stories, history, chemistry tangled in every distilled drop is a testimony to a rich culture of pleasure but also that of society and humanity. That is why it was a truly spiritual experience for me to attend New York Caledonian Club Evening celebrating the life and poems of Robert Burns, Scotland’s most popular poet who wrote many songs you hymn today such as in Christmas or New Year. I was introduced to the Caledonian Club’s Chief, Patricia Klecanda by a dear friend and whisky club member Nir 🙏🥃 and what can I say - Patricia made me feel like a part of the family from the moment I entered the (highly impressive) space. What a remarkable women!! The Supper is a ceremony of food, music, dancing, and of course - whisky. We started with a small gathering tasting Lochlea, Kilchoman and Wolfburn - each a strong character in its own! Then tempted into the dining room by following the beautiful inviting sound of the pipes played by an impressive lady Coreyanne Armstrong, and honored a traditional celebration of flavors, the haggis, in a Burns poem - Address to Haggis - read by Andrew Weir. The evening passed with great traditional dishes and ended with a fine ‘battle of words’ between the Laddies and the Lassies. So I’m raising a toast here with you to a handsome poet, who wrote love songs to women, whisky and food 🥃🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤️ slainte mhath!

Posted by alinwagner55 at 2024-01-22 02:46:40 UTC