I got to try something very special earlier today: Macallan Exceptional Single Cask 2017/ESH-13561/07. I came across a bottle at a bar and inquired about the cost for a pour, expecting the bartender's response to be a triple digit number. Imagine my surprise when the bartender said it would be only $35 for a pour! It would have been irresponsible not to try it at that price, so naturally I asked for a dram. The bartender then proceeded to pour out the remainder of the bottle (pictured) into a glass and handed it to me. I asked for a pour and must have received at least three. A great moment was just made even better. Some background info: This Macallan Exceptional Single Cask is one of only 296 bottles produced. Distilled on November 13th, 1996, it was matured in a European Oak Sherry Hogshead until being bottled non-chill filtered at 54.6% ABV on August 31st, 2017. This 21 year old single malt is unbelievably rich, with notes of red grapes, prunes, orange zest, baking spices, black pepper, dark roasted coffee, dark chocolate, and the slightest hint of sulfur, and a long, lingering finish. #macallan #singlemalt #scotch

Posted by eliasaoude at 2022-10-31 03:56:15 UTC